10 a.m. September 7: “Water Communion"
Join us to welcome a new fellowship year. Many UU congregations begin the year with the Water Communion Ceremony, which is designed to celebrate our sixth principle "to affirm and promote the goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all." Bring water to pour with the common waters. Convener: Kris Lutters
10 a.m. Sept 14: What is a UU?
10 a.m. Sept21: This Little Light of Mine
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Plattsburgh
Bag Donations Needed
The Plattsburgh Interfaith Food Shelf are seeing high numbers of clients each day and need donations of plastic grocery bags. Recycling plastic bags (clean bags) works well . The bags can be dropped off 9-12 noon Mon-Fri or 4-6 pm Friday afternoon at the food shelf site, located at the Plattsburgh United Methodist Church, 127 Beekman Street, or you may drop off bags at the UUFP on Sunday mornings.
Annual Congregational Meeting
New Land: The UUFP announces the purchase of land on Kansas Ave (the new Base), where we will build our new home. See more information HERE.
See our full Calendar of Events.
There are seven principles which Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
The mission of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Plattsburgh is to provide for a religious community where freedom of worship, speech and thought are welcomed, protected and fostered. We affirm and encourage spiritual and intellectual growth and the use of the democratic process. We support actions and activities that benefit the environment, embrace human diversity and provide for the common good.
The UUFP is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations.
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Plattsburgh is also a welcoming congregation that seeks to celebrate and support the lives, relationships and contributions of its lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and homosexual members and friends.