10 a.m. March 9: Ritual Through an Anthropological Lens. Dr. Andrew Buckser, dean of arts and science at SUNY Plattsburgh, will speak about the role of ritual in culture and why we still need rituals today. Convener: Jessamyn Neuhaus.
March 23: Beyond Macaroni and Cheese
Compassionate Cooks is comprised of volunteers who are willing to cook meals for members and friends of the Fellowship in times of need (illness, injury, new baby, etc.). If you are interested in having your name added to the e-mail list or have knowledge of someone in need of this service, please contact Jen Carter-Kelly at email@example.com
Also, in an effort to keep the list as current as possible, please notify Jen of any changes in your e-mail address or if you would like your name dropped from the list.
Directory: UUFP has a new online directory. For more information about how to retrieve your username and password, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Land: The UUFP announces the purchase of land on Kansas Ave (the new Base), where we will build our new home. See more information HERE.
See our full Calendar of Events.
There are seven principles which Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
The mission of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Plattsburgh is to provide for a religious community where freedom of worship, speech and thought are welcomed, protected and fostered. We affirm and encourage spiritual and intellectual growth and the use of the democratic process. We support actions and activities that benefit the environment, embrace human diversity and provide for the common good.
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Plattsburgh is a Welcoming Congregation that seeks to celebrate and support the lives, relationships and contributions of its lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and heterosexual members and friends.
The UUFP is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations