10 a.m. August 3: “Pain Is Inevitable; Suffering Is Optional: A Buddhist Perspective.”
Our speaker this morning is Luis F. Sierra, Ph.D., R.Y.T., a certified integral yoga instructor and registered yoga teacher, and a trained teacher and practitioner of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. He writes, “The Buddhist teachings provide a perspective and a way to understand that although there is pain in our lives, we can learn to cultivate freedom from mental states and attitudes that lead to suffering. This presentation will introduce simple ways of developing a basis for the cultivation of these liberating qualities of mind and heart.” Convener: Jessamyn Neuhaus.
10 a.m. Aug 10: “The Unitarian Universalist Wisdom of St. Hildegard of Bingen.”
10 a.m. Aug 17: "The Partnership Way."
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Plattsburgh
Annual Congregational Meeting
New Land: The UUFP announces the purchase of land on Kansas Ave (the new Base), where we will build our new home. See more information HERE.
See our full Calendar of Events.
There are seven principles which Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
The mission of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Plattsburgh is to provide for a religious community where freedom of worship, speech and thought are welcomed, protected and fostered. We affirm and encourage spiritual and intellectual growth and the use of the democratic process. We support actions and activities that benefit the environment, embrace human diversity and provide for the common good.
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Plattsburgh celebrates and supports the lives, relationships and contributions of its lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and heterosexual members and friends.
The UUFP is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations