Welcoming LGBTQ and Allies
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Plattsburgh welcomes and seeks to celebrate and support the lives, relationships and contributions of its lesbian, gay, bisexual,transgender and heterosexual members and friends.
We affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer at every level of congregational life — in worship, in program and in social occasions — welcoming them as whole people.
We pledge to:
- Honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation.
- Celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship.
- Incorporate an understanding of the experience of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer persons throughout all of our programs, including religious education.
- Affirm and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer issues and history.
- Affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- Advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people, promoting justice, freedom and equality in the larger society. We speak out when the rights and dignity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are at stake.