Family Ministry and Children’s Religious Exploration
Connect. Engage. Build a Better World.
And Do It Together Through Family Ministry
Faith is a journey best taken together.
In this complex, chaotic world, we long for connection. Those connections — relationships between family and community — are at the heart of our Religious Exploration offerings. After all, for most, families are the ultimate builders of values.
We assist families, enhancing their efforts as primary teachers to our youth.
The UUFP’s Religious Exploration program, now accepting registration, affirms the inherent worth and dignity of all. It teaches that we are capable of changing the world for the better and draws from many resources, exploring and acting upon a variety of themes including anti-racism, environmental justice and spiritual growth.
In addition, the Our Whole Lives curriculum provides honest, accurate information about sexuality. It dismantles stereotypes and assumptions, as it strives to build self-acceptance, foster healthy relationships and improve decision-making, doing work that can save lives.
Our seven principles form the basis for all we do. Here they are, written in an easy-to-read, kid-friendly format:
- We believe that each and every person is important.
- We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.
- We believe in building the beloved community, free from racism and oppression.
We are a welcoming and inclusive congregation, where children and youth of all ages and dispositions are encouraged to grow together.
The programming varies and may involve age-specific or multiage groups. For more information or for questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.